My current fees are shown at the bottom of this page.
I recognise that you may find it difficult to ‘justify’ spending money on your mental health and wellbeing, and yet the reality is that free or subsidised therapy services are very limited. As a private practitioner, my fees reflect my training and experience balanced with my wish to offer affordable therapy. It may help to think of paying for counselling as an investment in yourself, and that the very act of taking this step demonstrates a belief in your own worth. I understand that allowing yourself this right can be very difficult.
If you’ve reached this page, and believe that you can’t afford my fees, but still feel I might be the right therapist for you – please get in touch. I can sometimes offer reduced-fee appointments and am always happy to discuss this option.
I review my fee annually with any change taking effect from 1 January. Fee increases are not applied to existing clients with whom I have signed a contract and who are paying the full fee, but if we continue working together for over a year I reserve the right to raise my fees in the second year.
Payment of the fee must be made in advance of the session (or when you send your email).
If you need to cancel a session within 48 hours of our appointment, you will still need to pay the fee unless we can rearrange for a mutually convenient time.
- PayPal – using the button below or PayPal.me/lucyhydetherapy
- Bank transfer (ask me for account details)
- Cash (in person sessions only)
2019 fees for individual (1 to 1) counselling:
- In person / face to face: £45 per 50-minute session
- Web-cam (video call): £45 per 50-minute session
- Phone: £40 per 50-minute session
- Instant messaging (chat): £40 per 1-hour session
- Email: £40 per email exchange (one email each way of approx. 1000 words)
2019 fees for couple counselling:
- £55 per email exchange – this comprises one email from each partner to me, and one reply jointly from me to both partners (approx. 1000 words)