I work with clients both in person (face to face) and online. The principle of the therapeutic relationship is the same whatever method you choose, but thinking about the questions below may help you decide which option you prefer.
- Do you find it difficult to keep regular appointments due to personal circumstances?
- Do you work away a lot?
- Do you like using technology?
- Do you find it more difficult to connect to people when you’re dealing with them by phone or email than in person?
- Do you have a medical condition or disability which means that you get fatigued easily or struggle to leave the house?
- Do you like expressing yourself in writing – or do you find it easier talking?